Get your garden ready for Spring!
Let’s say cya later to Winter and hello to Spring! How’s your garden looking? I bet it could use a spruce up after the long winter months it just endured. Dead plants, dry flowers and messy gutters…no one likes the sight if that! Spring is a time for new growth, bright flowers, fresh air and a new start. So why not bring a new lease of life to your garden with these Dickies Trees tips and tricks for a gorgeous Spring garden.
Also keep in mind, you don’t need to have a big backyard to create a vibrant garden space. Even adding a few herbs to a windowsill in your kitchen or a few pot plants to an apartment balcony is enough to create a Springtime vista. Keep reading for some Dickies tips;
1) Spring clean: Put on some energizing tunes, some comfy clothes and get in the mood for a Spring clean! To start, get rid of any weeds in your garden. They clutter the garden bed and stop you from seeing your gardens potential. Then clear your garden, lawn, paving, edges and garden bed of any twigs, leaves and ugly debris left over from winter. Pull out any dying plants and you should be left with a blank canvas to work some Spring magic on.
2) Go to the nursery: When was the last time you visited your local nursery? After seeing the colourful new flowers and blooms available for you, I bet you will be inspired to spruce your garden. Why not purchase a few flowers or plants that look interesting and colourful, or some culinary herbs you can experiment with in some Springtime cooking?
3) Pick a theme: It may seem a bit daunting with all the ways you could do your garden, so it’s not a bad idea to have a simple plan in mind. Will you dedicate a corner of the garden bed to herbs? And the other a lemon tree? Will you plant hedges with fresh flowers in front? Or will you experiment with pot plants? The fun part is that there’s no rules, have fun with your garden and stick to a theme that suits you.
4) Prune: Grab some secateurs and get cutting! Sometimes sad looking plants just need some tender loving care. Prune back your existing plants and watch then flourish in time for Spring.
5) Accessorize: Now that the colder weather is out and the warmer weather is coming back in, it’s a great time to turn your garden into a vibrant entertaining area with only a few accessories. There’s no need to buy any new outdoor furniture, simply add some colourful weather proof cushions to the table setting and hang a lantern that can hold romantic tea lights for the evening. Invite your friends or family over, fire up the BBQ and kick start Spring time the right way!
And there you have it, some easy and affordable ways to get your garden ready for Spring. Not only will these simple steps transform your outdoor living space, it will create a vibrant area where you can entertain and enjoy the outdoors and change of season.
Give our friendly team a call on 9249 4077 to discuss your tree and garden requirements.