Get your garden ready for Christmas entertaining with these Dickies tips!
You’ve gotta’ love an Aussie Christmas! Here at Dickies Trees, we know that Australian families love spending time outdoors during the festive season. There’s nothing better than having the family around for a BBQ, especially when your backyard is welcoming and ready for entertaining. Keep reading to learn some easy and quick ways to spruce up the garden in time for Christmas.
1. Get rid of junk: Let’s face it, having Christmas lunch outside won’t be as nice if you don’t get rid of those scruffy weeds and shrubs. Get out there with some cutters and give all of your plants a good haircut! Also, grab a bag and collect any weeds or loose leaves hanging around the garden. Give the lawn a mow and a good water to bring back that springtime green some of our lawns lose in Summer. Giving the garden a good clean up will also minimise those nasty spiders; like red backs in the garden. Especially if you have kids running around, don’t leave any nooks and crannies for spiders to hide in. It won’t hurt to give the tables and chairs a good spray with some surface spray too.
2. Mulch: There’s nothing nice about the sight of dry soil. Why not get your hands on some moist mulch, it will bring some life back to your garden beds. Give us a call on 9249 4077 for a free quote if you’re after mulch.
3. Clean clean clean: Your pavers, outdoor furniture and BBQ may be looking a bit sad and dusty. Get the hose out and give your pavers a good wash and clean. Wipe down the outdoor furniture, and give the BBQ a good scrub. Also if you have the time, give your windows a clean so the garden looks wonderful and clear from the inside.
4. Add some colour: Why not add some colour to the garden this Christmas? Get to your local nursery and ask for some flowers that will last during the Summer heat. Why not add some colourful pots, a wind chime or some comfy bright cushions on your outdoor chairs. Perfect for those lazy summer weekends spent outside. It’s all about creating a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
5. Have fun: Get creative with your garden. Why not install a water feature? Or find a way to play some music in the garden? At the end of the day, there’s no right or wrong when it comes to creating a fun and welcoming space in your garden.
And lucky last, have you hung any outdoor Christmas lights in your backyard trees? This can be a tricky job, but guess what…the Dickies Team are happy to use their cherry picker to reach those tricky trees of yours and make em’ look pretty. Give us a call on 9249 4077 or request a free quote at www.dickiestrees.com.au.